We at Bexley Group Practice are committed to providing a high quality of service and care which fully meets your requirements.
- all patients have the right to absolute confidentiality
- all patients have the right to information about their own health
- the practice will offer advice and seek to inform patients of steps they can take to promote good health and to avoid illness
- all new patients will be offered an appointment for a health check with the practice nurse or health care assistant
- the doctor is here to give you treatment and advice; it is important that you understand the information that is given to you. If you are unsure about your treatment please ask for more information
With these rights come responsibilities and we would ask all of our patients to respect the following points;
- courtesy to staff at all times – please remember they are working to the doctors instructions
- please try to attend appointments on time or give adequate notice that you wish to cancel. Being late, or non-attendance inconveniences other patients and wastes valuable appointment times
- an appointment is for one person only – where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made
- please inform the staff when you have a change of name, address or telephone number so that we can update your records accordingly. It is important to always have the correct address and telephone number in case we need to contact you urgently
Help Us To Help You
Our aim is to offer our patients a fast, efficient and friendly service. However, to enable us to do this we require some help from yourselves.
- Please do not request home visits unless you are housebound or genuinely too ill to attend the surgery.
- If you have several problems you wish to discuss with the doctor, please ask for a longer appointment. Hurried consultations are unsatisfactory for both doctor and patient alike.
- The out of hours service is for emergencies and urgent problems which cannot wait until the following day to be seen. Please do not abuse this service.
- If you are unable to attend an appointment, please cancel as early as possible, as this frees the appointment for someone else.
- We always welcome suggestions as to any changes we can make to improve patient care and the services we offer. If you have any suggestions, please let us know by putting your idea in writing to the practice manager.